Saturday, September 26, 2009

How I got started


Hi there! I'm starting this blog to share my love of sewing and cloth diapering.More than likely there will be random things thrown in here and there.I swear some days I'm so ADD......So be prepared to oooh and ahhh, or think my goodness she's crazy! Ok, so about me. I have 5 absolutely crazy however incredible kids. My oldest is very soon to be 15. Yikes!! what happened to my lil man he's growing up fast. Next in line are 11, soon to be 9, then 4, finally 2 months. I have always loved to make things.Started sewing about 4 1/2 years ago. One day I stumbled across cloth diapers on the net and thought...WOW!! these are great.Originally the plan was to have some "just in case" , For times like oh no! almost out of diapers and strapped for cash. Or say baby gets upset tummy and runs through diapers in the middle of night.I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this. Silly me! with my love of sewing and thinking hey I can make that and not have to wait for shipping and have custom too...So let's just say, It became an addiction. My just in case stash of diapers became an addiction. Now instead of just in case its cloth full time. I decided to make a business out of it. I dearly love my children and I have missed so much it seems like I get lost in life sometimes. Then I wake up and wow my baby is 15 years old and the rest fast behind him. So now this is something we do together,yes even the boys. As a family we crank up the radio,pull out the sewing machine and get started. My two oldest who are the boys will trace and cut out patterns. I do the all the actual peicing and sewing. My girls keep the baby occupied and we all have a blast...laughing, joking,goofin off and just making memories. I always called my children monkeys when they were babys and now and then I think they are growin so fast and sometimes get a little to big for their britches...then taaaadaaa Little Monkey Britches was born. I also make bedding sets, shopping cart covers and lots of other items. Hope you enjoy my blog and follow along. Talk to you soon,Thanks for stopping by

1 comment: